The House of Wheels mission is to support and advance the social abilities, integration and independence of severely physically- challenged children and young adults.
- Help physically-handicapped young people develop life and social skills.
- Provide a regular social outlet for those who may not have other options
- Delay out-of-home placement for disabled youth by allowing family members a "break" in their ongoing care taking.
- Create a change in society's attitude towards people with disabilities through activities, lectures and community events in schools and elsewhere.
- Assist graduates of the House of Wheels find meaningful employment.
- Coach participants in the House of Wheels to use services and cultural opportunities in their communities.
- Build pro-active solidarity among volunteers, professionals and families in various sectors.
- Work towards full integration of people with special needs in the community.