We strive to:
1. Match all Lone Soldiers with a volunteer that they can turn to, a positive role model and supportive friend, who understands the struggles that Lone Soldiers face from personal experience and serves as a helping hand.
2. Identify the needs of individual soldiers, provide practical and bureaucratic information and connect soldiers to relevant Israeli institutions (IDF, Jewish Agency, Ministry of Absorption, NGOs).
3. Create a community encouraging a strong connection to Israeli society, recruitment to the IDF and attaining a higher education in Israel.
4. Create an opportunity for volunteers to contribute and give back to the social circles from which they came.
How we do it:
Before Military Service:
1. Preparatory workshops for joining the IDF for about 500 Olim in Russian, French, English, and Spanish.
2. Achla Safa – A 3-month pre-army preparatory program with an emphasis on improving Hebrew skills.
During Military Service:
1. Guidance for soldiers – About 300 former lone soldiers volunteer, providing guidance for over 800 soldiers.
2. Alach apartments – We have volunteers in 40 Bayit Ham apartments of Aguda LeMa’an Hachayal that provide a warm and supportive environment for about 100 soldiers.
3. Soldiers’ Clubs – We run a network of clubs in Beit Hachayal locations throughout Israel, for about 300 soldiers each year.
4. Trips and celebrations on different Jewish holidays
After Military Service
1. Ach LeShichror – Seminars for lone soldiers
2. One-on-one tutoring in different academic preparatory Mechinot